Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Beautiful Day

I forgot to write this in my last post, but I can't believe I've been here for over a month! At first the days seem to drag on forever but now the days go by so fast. Volleyball has definitely kicked up a notch and I think my team is working hard. We had our first week of doing both midday practices and that was tiring. For our first midday practice, we hit the entire hour and a half just working on our connection with the setters. I definitely take naps on those days! Also our team practices have become more intense as well, working on our connection and passing. And I'm sure everyone is curious about my knee. It gets a bit swollen from time to time but when I'm playing, I feel like I'm jumping high! It feels nice to be getting back to my normal self. We have our first tournament in two weekends and we are going to be playing against the top teams. And it will be interesting to see how we match up against the other teams. Unfortunately since volleyball is getting more intense it seems that all I want to do is relax on the couch at my apartment! I think next week, Lindsay and I are going to go to Geneva so we can see it when it's still nice out.

Since we are all getting a little sore, we didn't want to travel anywhere special so we met Bryn, one of the other American's on our team, in Neuchatel. She had recently arrived and it was nice to hang outside of the gym. I'm so glad we decided to meet because it was the most beautiful day out! Usually the sun is always shining and the lake is nice but on this day it was so clear that you could see the Alps across the lake! It's never been that clear out and I was in shock by how amazing it was. Of course we took a lot of pictures! I wish everyone could come visit now because this place is so beautiful. And it's hard to imagine it being cold and covered in snow.

How amazing is this picture??








I'm still blown away this is literally in my backyard.

This next weekend is special because it's Welcome Weekend. Basically its a weekend where the whole team goes off to a cabin somewhere and spends the weekend together to bond. We have a bunch of fun activities planned and I think we might even do a ropes course! I'll be taking my camera to capture the whole event!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures with the Alps in the background are breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the brown/reddish roofs, it seems very European!

    ReplyDelete