Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Parents are in Switzerland!!!

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while.. my parents decided to come visit! They got here last Thursday on a direct flight from Chicago to Zurich. They figured out which train went to Neuchatel and I picked them up right after I was done with my afternoon practice - it couldn't have worked out easier! I think they are really enjoying themselves! We did an afternoon trip to Bern which is the capital of Switzerland on Tuesday. On Saturday we are planning on a trip to Geneva. Hopefully when I have more time, I'll write detailed blogs about our trips.

One of the main reasons my parents wanted to come over at this time was because it was one of the few weekends where we played two matches instead of one. Our first match was against Biel-Bienne and we won in three!! It was the first time playing at home and we had a great crowd! We killed them the first two sets 25-14 and 25-12. In the third set it was a bit closer but we still pulled it out 25-20. We were killing them so badly that our coach was able to play everyone which was nice. On Sunday we played against Dudingen and this game was a lot closer. We ended up winning in three 29-27, 25-16 and 25-23. In sets 1 and 3, we were down almost the whole set before we pulled it through in the last couple of points. I'm glad my team can fight even if we are down but hopefully next time we attack them from the beginning!

I love having my parents here and I'm so happy they are enjoying the Swiss culture. They have been so supportive in all my different volleyball careers and I wouldn't be the person that I am today without them. And they are the best because they brought over some new volleyball shoes and some candy!! Thanks so much Mom and Dad!!

I'll be writing more when I have the chance!!! Chow!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are able to go do some sightseeing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left an "award" for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete