Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

NUC Volleyball

My parents had a lot of fun on their visit but before they left, they were able to see one more game. This game was against Kanti Schaffhausen. For the past couple of weeks I'd been working hard on being a more effective hitter. In the beginning of the season, I wasn't scoring how I used to before I got hurt and not really playing like my normal self. Well that all changed in this game! I finally was able to get in a good rhythm with my setter. I had a lot of kills and I was the go to person for the match!


Action shot!! I'm the girl farthest to the right in the red! And my number is 18, just like in high school.


The first set we played pretty well and beat them 25-16. In the second set they came back fighting and this one was a lot closer. We ended up pulling out the set winning 25-23. They came out with a lot of fire in the third set but we won again with the scores 25-23. At the end of the match they always announce the MVP of the match... well this match I was the MVP! I was really proud of myself that I'm finally turning things around with my play. Hopefully I'll continue to get better and better.

Here I am accepting the MVP award!



A picture after the match with my parents. I'm sure you are curious why I'm holding this big stuffed cow.. well the nickname for my team is le vache which means cow!

It was hard to see my parents go but I'm very thankful that they were able to come visit. It's been over a week since they've been here and it's weird not having them around the apartment. Hopefully they will be able to visit this spring!

We also had another game this past weekend verses Volley Toggenburg. I didn't play at all because our coach wanted to give some confidence to the other players. I'm definitely ok with that because it gives my knee more time to rest. We ended up winning the match in three! The scores were 25-18, 25-16 and 25-18. I think our whole team is pretty strong and this game proved that. We have a big match this Friday against Koniz, which is one of the top teams in the league! Should be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are getting some good height on that block!

    ReplyDelete